Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dreams of 2012

My 2012 was dominated by a lackluster shred season followed by a major hip surgery to replace my running gear and gobbled a couple pharmaceuticals which lead to a couple fun months of living out of my car attached to a 13 foot trailer and then moving to a completely new sketchy town where I have zero friends for a mellow job that isn't guaranteed much past the beginning of the New Year. As the end draws near, and 2012 goes into the books, I kinda feel like I should be saying good riddance. But somehow I'm not. Life is too fun. I'm so thankful that I snowboard and surf. Through all that mess in 2012, I'm pretty fawking stoked on everything amazing that's happened to me this year. I still have 2 legs, a small trailer, memories, some cash coming in, a bunch of surfboards, a snowboard and season pass to Squaw Dildo, Tahoe resorts within 1 hour, health insurance, met so many rad people from all over the world, and spent an awesome couple months in Indo surfing and living the dream. 2 days are left in 2012 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll only have had 1 surgery in 2012. For the record, I'm cruising into the New Year with a probable cracked rib or two thanks to a foggy vertigo inspired mishap at Alpine Meadows a couple weeks ago. Bring it, 2013.


  1. Broke and broken people have the same opportunities to be happy as rich and healthy people. It's insane, but I finally figured that out. So cool to realize that.

    We should give as much weight to the Christian whatever calendar that we did to the Mayans' bullshit. I'm younger today than I was ten years ago. For sure.

    Stay bloggin,

  2. Yah brotha, keep it simple. Once you get old you're screwed. I'm broken, semi broke, and happy 97% of the time. The other 3% I'm dealing with stupid humans which, in turn, makes me happy. Happy New Year A-Man.