Friday, November 11, 2011

Gameplan


I'm starting to think I've been wrong all along. Up until about a week ago, I was still in bikefag mode and didn't really wanna stop cycling or start the shred season. Then the daily high temps topped out in the 35 degree range and since I'm soft after living in California for so long, I had to hang up the spandex for the year. My head wasn't on correct, and I couldn't give a rats ass about snowboarding so I was still looking for any way to leave town for the winter. This guy just doesn't need to spend any more time in -20 degree weather or wiggling around in the mountains. Then an amazing image appeared like The Virgin Mary in my grilled cheese.....quit shooting for the top. Give up. Don't fight it. Just go with it and quit trying to be some kind of career type go-getter. Live in landlocked Idaho in the winters during shred season. Shred a lot and stash cash all winter. Then in spring, right after the mountain shuts down, I take 2 months off for surf and travel. Maybe add a mini couple weeks in the fall, too. Or if I can sack up, I should drop out and expat somewhere surfy for the entire summer like I've always wanted to. Somewhere warm and cheap and maybe get a jobby job in the area to cover some costs. I mean, fuck, who am I kidding...I'm steadily more and more undateable, mortgageless, debt and dog free, and only have a few more years of being semi-ablebodied. From the way things are going, I stand a good chance of needing to contact the Scooter Store in the next few years so I need to maximize my potential STAT! Monday I get an MRI for a 95% probable meniscus tear from 15+years ago and then a quickie scope right after Turkey Day opening weekend shred. Since the 2011 deductible has been met, time to clean out all the nooks and crannies a bit. Shoulda had it done last month but wasn't thinking clearly. Should miss just a week or 2 of shred. Half that time doped up on narcotics and drooling on the couch. Winner!? I'm an F-18, bro.

2 comments:

  1. This is a heavy poast.
    I know exactly how you feel. Well, not the surfing part, but all the rest.
    Fuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah dood. Tune in, turn on, drop out....it's looking better and better. Turning on means surf and shred, of course.

    ReplyDelete