Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April 8, 1994

Today almost slipped right past me. I happened to be checking YouTube for Melvins vids on company time. I ran across a Buzz Osborne interview about Kurt when I noticed the date....APRIL 8, 1994. Today is the 15th anniversary of Kurt Cobain blowing his own head off. I remember Seattle dudes crying and completely destroyed by the news. It was such a shock that this depressed, cracked out, junkie killed himself? To me, if you'd ever listened to the dude, it seemed inevitable. When I lived in Seattle from 2000-2003, I used to get all spandexed up and pedal my bike past his house. If I remember right, it was in a neighborhood called Madrona, right next to Leschi. I always had to look down the driveway as I whizzed past. I'm not sure what I was looking for.




Here's some bonus Melvins...so heavy

No comments:

Post a Comment