Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lameness


One of my favorite bloggers died and I'm a little bummed to start the day. I guess his name was Matt Camp, and I have never met the guy. I've just been reading his shit for a couple years now. He had a gimpy knee and died from complications from surgery. How does that happen? It's the first time a bloggerbro has taken the big dirt nap. His blog covered anything and everything. From the market collapse, to local Venice drunks, to waves, to transvestites getting pummeled by trucks. Just your general mix of random b.s. He seemed like a genuinely good guy and I feel really bad for his friends and family. Godammit.

1 comment:

  1. Matt was a good guy. He really was. When I first met him, I was kind of on edge, waiting for the guy who writes the blog to emerge. I never did see that guy. The Matt I surfed with was actually very nice and considerate. I wrote a story about his blog last year for an online magazine. You can find it on my blog. This is fucked! I just can't believe he went for surgery, came home and then he just died. There will be a paddle out in a few weeks. I hope to see you there if you can possibly make it.

    ReplyDelete