Saturday, August 22, 2009

Trek & Destroy


Bike week continues and the search for a new ride rolls on. Today it took an interesting turn and I found a killer deal. I went into a local shop that specializes in high end road bikes and I think I've narrowed it down to the Trek Madone 6.5. It's either the 6.5 or the 6.5 Pro, I can't remember exactly. They name these bikes so fucking similar that my brain can't remember which is what. The bike has full Dura Ace and weighs about 16lbs in my size 58. Did they say 16lbs? FUCKEN-A, man. I've taken dumps heavier than that. That shaves about 5lbs off my current frame and increases stiffness a fuckload. Therefore, it transfers all my power directly to the road, allowing me to ride 40% more miles with 65% less energy. Or something like that. I'm working this over in my head so I can justify spending $4500 on a bike instead of 6 months in Bali. Old Jeff would have walked out of the shop with a new bike today, even though Old Jeff was broke. New Jeff needs to pull the trigger or step away.

3 comments:

  1. [x] 6 months in Bali.

    no brainer. And I don't even sarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. trek- like trekkie? star trek?

    God youre gay.

    <3, KL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the prices of new bikes. Ouch!!! Where have I been for the last few years? Certainly not looking at bike prices.

    With that said . . . pull.the.trigger.

    ReplyDelete