Monday, March 8, 2010

PSIA bitches


Snowboarding is fun. After slothing most of the day on saturday, I needed to get my shit together and find something fun to do on sunday. Being a weekend warrior for the most part, I only have two full days a week to cram in the gnar. It came down to shredding Mt Baldy. Solo mission. Up at 5am, coffee, and on the 101 south by 5:30 am. Rolling past Rincon in the moonlight it looked like mellow peelers were rolling through. I almost turned around to avoid SoCal traffic time. But I'm so extreme, I kept on target. Set the cruize at 75mph and made it to the porking lot by 7:30 am. Me and the Lezmobile passed many retards going 10 mph or chaining up after sliding out. I was getting my wiggle just right after 8am. The mountain was totally empty, so I just started lapping the shit. Wiggle, scrape, slash. Wiggle, scrape, slash. That little hill is pretty fun. Just the right vert for my weak ass legs before they cramp up. The snow was perfect for layin out big arcs and sprayin shit. Big PSIA LEVEL 3 arcing slashes are about all I've got these days. Popped a couple mini-airs, but my shit may have never broken 100% contact with snow. There were no double-didlo mccock & balls 7000's. Oh well. Back in the car, stopped forlunch and gas, and back in Santa Barbara by 3:30 pm where it's 70degrees. Coulda surfed if it wasn't completely blown out.

1 comment: