Wednesday, May 25, 2011

the hh

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa



Today I rode the train along some absolutely breathtaking scenery through massive, Andean mountain gorges. Never seen mountains go straight up like that. Must've been at least 5000 feet skyward from the train tracks. Dudes in front of me were over it. Once I arrived it was the usually process off walking around, checking shit out, stuffing my face, and running into dudes from earlier in the month. Small world. Then I hiked just another 150 meters up the trail from my Hotel Royal Inki to the Machupicchu Santuario. Or as I like to call them, the Hepatitus Hot Springs. The guidebook warns that they get a little "skungy" after noon. Yep. But I dove in anyway cuz you just can't beat the view. Then I scrubbed the skunge off, disinfected, and I'm now trying to get some shut eye before the 4am wakeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment