Tuesday, May 24, 2011

la coca central





Onward and upward to the Andes, Cuzco, and eventually Machu Picchu. First stop, Cuzco airport at 11,152 feet above sea level. I arrived a bit late due to delays at the airport, so I didn't get much time to cruize around. So after checking into my Hotel where they handed me some coca tea, I got my tourista going before I grabbed some dinner. Very cool city that's old as fuck. Churches are kinda rad around here since everybody drinks of the Koolaid. Very ornate and lots to admire about the craftsmanship. Ate some really good food since I'm getting my appetite back. Usually when I travel I'm never hungry for the first few weeks. I takes about 3 weeks to get it going again. I really like food, too. On the way back to my hotel, I stopped by McDonald's for some delicious dessert McNuggets to store up some calories. Gotta make up for lost time. Who knows when I'll get a chance to eat good food, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to stuff my face. I could be stuck with eating the local buffet which consists of llama or guinea pigs. I'd eat those guines pigs extincr if they yummy, but I somehow doubt that. Tomorrow I ride the train for 3 hours to Aguas Calientes. Then the big tourist trap on thursday. Gettin stoked to have my mind blown for sure.

1 comment: